Thursday, May 3, 2012

DerbyDays.

Howdy!
Today I'm taking part in a fun little link up over at Long Distance Loving blog. 
The point was to create a dream outfit for the KY derby (I will be doing that one day, by the way. Promise.)

Hat: I started with the hat, and I will admit, I'm not in love with it. But it will do. I mean it's super cute with the bow- super southern and sweet.
Dress: I decided that I wanted the accessories to be the statement, so I toned it down with this beautiful mint-y teal-ish dress from Tibi.
Jewelry: Now to my favorite part! I love the southern girlishness splendor going on is doing great things. All the bangles are from Ms. Kate Spade. And you can't do any big southern event without a monogram somewhere! I've been seeing a lot of celebs with these necklaces. I love them, but I can't decide if I'd actually where one. I'm thinking probably definitely. This one is from BaubleBar. Which by the way, BaubleBar is a new discovery for me- and I'm diggin' their neon jewelry! Check it out.
Shoes: The sweet bow slingback pumps are from... Oh! What do ya know... Kate Spade.

But that's it. I've got some fun plans for the weekend. Y'all are going to flip.
Make sure you're following me to keep up with me all hours of the day:
Twitter: @torigjohnson
Instagram: @torigjohnson





Much love,



5 comments:

Emily said...

Loooove this combo!!

Holly said...

What a perfect Derby inspired outfit! The hat totally brings it all together :) :)

siddathornton said...

precious & preppy! love the monogrammed necklace! :)

- l

bridget anne said...

i love this! my best friend up in wa is hosting her annual derby party, and oh how i wish i could go. this is so perfectly done. xo.

Julie Marie said...

love it...i sooo want to do the derby!