Monday, August 15, 2011

I.Tried.It- E.L.F. Cosmetics

I have to admit it.
am was a make-up addict. I can't couldn't step foot into Sephora or MAC without buying oodles of sparkly shadows and sleek, pretty packaged glosses. {Way more than I'd ever need.} My addiction, while it was pretty, was pretty cruel when it came to my pocket book.
One day, I stumbled upon a website- when I saw they sold make-up I couldn't not dig deeper. I found the cutest things! I remember it, so clearly. I found a really pretty blush, and, of course, I couldn't live without it. I went to add is to my cart and thought- "Oh no... This website has been hacked..." The price? $1.
Stop! I know what you're thinking... "I bet you don't get anything!" or "I bet it's not that great!" These are all the questions I had- so I placed a small order {ending up about $6} and checked it out for myself.
Three years later- E.L.F. {eyes. lips. face.} cosmetics is one of my favorite make-up brands, right beside MAC and Stila. They have been recognized in magazines such as Seventeen, Marie Claire, and Allure. With all of their products being either $1, $3, or $5- they are incredibly afforable, but their quality {which has gotten better and better} is awesome!
Of course, I still get my foundation, concealor, and mascara from the big dogs... But I always like giving minor things {that have a very, very small chance of deforming my face} a whirl. And I've yet to be disappointed- and that's truly saying something...

Here are some of my favorite products:

Studio Cream Eyeliner in Coffee
This little pot of brown goodness has quickly became my go-to eyeliner {over Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil} This cream, which stays put all day long is an amazing buy at just $3. It's creamy, very pigmented, and just plain awesome!

Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
I don't know if any of you are fimiliar with the NARS Laguna/Orgasm Blush-Bronzer Duo, but if so... This is a perfect dupe! Coming in at $3, rather than NARS at $40, this duo is so pretty on almost any skin tone. I find it very convienent to have my bronzer and blush in the same package. And- another great plus- it comes with lots and lots of product {I've been using the same one for at least a year and a half.}
Mineral Eyeshadow
This eyeshadow is pretty grand. My fav color is Mysterious. {A matte greyish purple hue} These eyeshadows give you a perfect light wash of color. They can be worn wet or dry. I love to dampen my brush before I dip it into a sparkly shade for just a little more oomph :)
Essentials Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Bark
This lipstick reminds me of my MAC Viva Glam V lipgloss- which I can't go without! It's perfect for day or night, and since I'm not a stick girl- the gloss texture is great {without loosing the pigment} and for only $1... why not?!

E.L.F. items are sold at Target  and online at http://www.eyeslipsface.com/
Go check them out! 
Try them!
You won't regret it! {and neither will your budget!}

xo,

No comments: