Thursday, November 3, 2011

{Keeping Peace}

What do you do if they talk about you behind your back?
What do you do if they are liars?
What do you do if they say hurtful things?
What do you do if they are deceitful?
What do you do if they are manipulative?
What do you do if they are unloveable?

Nothing... 

One of the hardest things I've been struggling with lately is keeping this big mouth shut. How many times do we think that we are capable of taking things into our own hands instead of letting God do the work? That not only shows that we are ignorant fools, for thinking we can do anything near what the Creator of the Universe can {and will do in time}, but it also shows that we don't trust in His plans. That we don't trust that He will do enough, maybe?
I hate to admit it, but, I'm easily angered. Maybe it's because I'm protective, or because I'm still not out of the "everyone is out to get me" mindset high school gives teenage girls.
I'm praying this morning that God will help me shut my mouth, and let me take joy in seeing Him work around me. I'm praying to keep my peace... Isn't that something we all need?

"The Lord shall fight for you, and you shall hold your peace."
-Exodus 14:14

9 comments:

... said...

What a great post! It's so hard to keep the peace and I was not super familiar with this verse so thanks for sharing!!

The Acorn said...

If I have been stuggling with anything lately it is keeping my peace!

Thank you for reminding me that God will/does look out for our wellbeing, if we let Him.

Blake said...

Girl. Right there with you. Sometimes I'm like "God, why'd you make me so sassy if you want me to hold my peace?", ha. I have to believe it's possible though :)

Unknown said...

It's so hard to let people treat you like dirt. The worst situation I've ever been in was a time when someone who proclaimed to be a "Christian" treated me worse than I have ever been treated in my life. I kept praying for God to expose their lies, but he never did. I never understood why they were allowed to destroy so many things, but I just kept telling myself that all will be brought to light in the end. There is a reason for everything.

Anonymous said...

Girl this is speaking to me.. i am in a situation where im trying to keep the peace (im i the middle) and im just trying to not go off and hollar at people LOL

Hope you have a great weekend :)

Hilary said...

oh my goodness! i completely needed to read this post. I have been struggling so much w/my big mouth lately! and of course linked to that...my stupid, rude thoughts. Thank you for making me, once again, aware of how i should be thinking and speaking...knowing that God is control...it's not my job to judge, criticize, etc.

Anonymous said...

I struggle with this too! It is so true, God will fight for us!!!

Unknown said...

So true! We need to let God be in control! Thanks for linking up!

Christina'Marie said...

This is exactly what I needed to hear today. I was never one to really try to put people in their place, but i would always let whatever ppl said or did eat away at me. Ugh, so so hard to let go! Thanks for sharing this girl, like I said, much needed!