Friday, September 30, 2011

friday.favorites

Favorite Things about the Past Week:
-Being able to start my Young Life leader training.
-Praying every morning on my way to school about a youth retreat that Logs and I get to help with, this weekend.
-Being able to finish and turn in a paper that I've been stressing over.
-Playing the Ninja Pose game on Wednesday with the kids I babysit .
-The Trojans beating the Hurricanes last night! {Gotta love cross-town rivalry}

Favorite Lesson Learned this Past Week:
When you choose to hold a grudge, and not forgive, it only hurts you even more.

Favorite Surprise of the Week:
Gaining 7 new followers on Blogger and over 20 on Twitter!

Favorite Blog Post I Read this Week:
No More Apologies by Casey Wiegand

Favorite Encouraging Bible Verse I Read This Week:
"Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left; through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything."
2 Corinthians 6:4-10



3 comments:

Melody Holmes said...

Love this!

... said...

I just stumbled onto your blog! :) Super darling! That's so cool you are doing Young Life training... I am a big fan!

Anonymous said...

Love this too!

Casey's blog post was one of my favs this week as well