Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Julep Maven Box: June

Hey y'all! I was going to do this post as a vlog, but I chickened out... 
Maybe next time- right?

Anyway, my Julep box came last week and I am totally in love with the colors! 
Such a sweet reminder that summertime is here!

This color is really cool, and definitely going to be the first one I use. I saw a color like it, "Navigate Her" by Essie, in the drugstore one day but resisted because I knew I would be getting a Julep alert soon, and I went all kinds of crazy when I saw this color (almost an exact dupe...). I had to switch to a different box to get it- but it was SO worth it!

Although I like this color, I already had an old Julep shade a lot like it, "Helena" (I loved the shade so much in the winter that I bought it outside of my box), thus, I wasn't too excited about it getting it (but had to accept it to get Courtney). Nonetheless, this sizzling fuchsia is very pretty.
The best thing about this color:
If you're someone that stays with the reds and pinks on your nails- you'll love the hue. 
If you're someone that likes to go outside the box- you'll love the intensity. 
Universally pleasing aka great for gifting.
I'm going to be real. I haven't tried this yet. I mean, who gets excited for sunscreen? Not me. It doesn't really have a smell or anything. It's kind of boring. 
The plus side is that Julep surprised us and sent a matching lip balm with SPF in it too. It's vanilla mint flavor and it's yummy and safety first!
That's all I have to say about that... 
:)

This month, Julep offered the chance for an "Add-On" polish. I chose Sasha and I'm so happy I did. I've been wanting a good melon shade for a while now. I love that this one is a creme finish, it's gorgeous! I think it's one of my over-all favs from Julep thus far! 


I'm serious y'all. I'm so obsessed with these colors. Mostly Courtney and Sasha.
If you are interested in Julep, e-mail me at torigjohnson(at)gmail(dot)com and I can get you a good deal on your first box!

xx,



2 comments:

Allyson McGuire said...

I seriously love all of these colors!

Unknown said...

Such pretty colors for summer!