Friday, July 1, 2011

Blessings & Beth Moore

Don't you just love that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when you feel God near? Well, I can say I felt it all day long! Today was an awesome day. A happy day. A pretty day. Full of blessings, good friends, and shopping (...of course!)
First, a story... Logan ordered a really expensive bible from Lifeway online the other day. Thinking it should have been delivered by now, he went online to track the package. Logan saw that he had typed a typo in his address and it had already been delivered to another house! So all morning I called Lifeway and UPS trying to get something done for my man that has had nothing but a hard time lately. Finally, I decided I would browse around the houses on the street Logan did type (His address is W **** St. and he typed E **** St! So it wasn't too far away.) So I drove around praying that the Lord would let the package fall from the sky- I wanted so desperately for Logan to have something good happen for once! Of course I find the creepiest house on the block with a package on the doorstep! I throw my car in park and run to the door. I look at the package and it read LOGAN CALLAHAN! YES! Thank you Lord! I began to jump, scream, laugh, and weep. I was so happy! Lucky? No. Blessed? Absolutely!
Had lunch with a precious friend and got to catch up on her life. Again, the blessings are just a'flowin' in her life, as well!
I went to Lifeway myself to look at some bibles and stumbled across this...
"Looking Up" by Beth Moore. A friend told me it was loaded with greatness. And since I had a 40% off coupon, how could I resist? I can't wait to start this devo. I'll definitely let y'all know how it goes!
Also- Has anyone ever had a ESV version bible? I found one today that is super cute and has margins for journal-ing! I'm seriously considering it!
It's July 4th weekend and there is much to do! First party is tomorrow... Can't wait to spend a night snacking, playing corn hole, and laughing with friends! Sunday is church celebration: picnicking, listening to God's word, and fireworks!

Cheers to blessings and Beth Moore,
Tori

No comments: